Losing weight healthily is difficult due mostly to wrong information. For example, not many people are aware of some potato nutrition facts that make potatoes an excellent choice for weight loss diets. In other cases, it could be a myth surrounding certain diets that eventually lead to disappointment. Let us explore 6 of these biggest myths:
- Carbohydrates must be eliminated from the diet: No healthy diet is complete without some form of carbohydrate food. Carbohydrate is the primary source of energy for the body and removing it from your diet will plunge your energy levels. It is best to replace most carbohydrates foods like processed sugars and those with lots of starch with healthier options like potatoes. Potato nutrition facts include verifiable information about the various vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates that potatoes contain.
- You have to starve yourself: Weight loss is not about starving yourself but eating right. While intermittent fasting may be incorporated to pursue similar health goals, starving yourself may lead to unhealthy binging later on. It will also rob you of important nutrients your body needs to stay healthy.
- Gluten-free foods are best for weight loss: Gluten-free foods are only recommended for patients managing celiac disease. As most gluten-free foods (especially commercial and processed foods) are high in carb content, they may be unfit for a weight loss diet. It is necessary to discuss with a nutritionist on the best food to combine in your diet.
- Counting calories is more important than what you eat: This myth encourages people to pick quantity over quality. It makes people eat unhealthy foods in small bits; eventually, the body will be negatively affected. For example, eating small portions of heavy fats and refined sugars regularly is a sure way to gain weight. It is best to avoid such foods.
- Fats must be removed from your diet: This myth hurts a lot. Why? You need healthy fats in your weight loss diet. Fats help your body to absorb the fat-soluble vitamins as well as to reduce the glycemic impact. Try using avocado, coconut, seeds, and nut fats, as well as fish fat (omega fats) in your diet.
- Potatoes are tiring: Potatoes are interesting because there are hundreds of healthy recipes you could prepare. In addition to the potato nutrition facts, you can enjoy various potato recipes in your weight loss diet without losing interest in it.