Roofs and roofs and being an essential part of any project also deserve a lot of attention. In addition to being part of the aesthetics of the property, they also protect the interior from the weather, so they must be resistant and, at the same time, aesthetic. Today at https://www.guardianhome.com/tacoma-roofing/ will talk about roofs, materials, types of structures, roofs, and care.
The Choice Of The Roof
The choice of the roof is made at the time of carrying out the project and, of course, with the help of a professional. In addition to the client’s taste, the type of construction and the structure of the property must be considered. Similarly, the choice of materials is made, which must be based on the loads that the roof must support and on other characteristics such as resistance, degree of impermeability, thermal and acoustic insulation, and durability.
The Structure, Slope, And Water
A roof structure is defined by a set of factors: the property’s architecture, the type of roof, and the load it will bear. The materials used to manufacture the structure of a roof can be metal, concrete, and wood.
Another important detail in any roof is the slope. The correct inclination of a roof is determinant both for the aesthetic and correct drainage of rainwater. The roof’s slope is defined by the type of tile used and is determined by the manufacturer or guardian home services roofing.
The roof waters are the slopes that the roof will have and that will define which sides the rainwater will be directed to. Roofs can be built with one, two, three, four glasses of water, and so on. The amount of water and directions must also be defined in the design of the project.
The Roof Covers
Nowadays, there is a multitude of materials and tiles to cover the roof. Again, the determining factor for the choice is the architecture of the property and the aesthetics desired for it. The most used tiles are:
- Ceramics: A classic option. The material acts as a thermal barrier contributing to the thermal comfort of the property.
- Fiber cement: It offers an excellent cost-benefit ratio since it is resistant, and at the same time, it allows to save on the construction of the structure due to its lightness.
- PVC: It is a material that offers a great possibility of customization due to its varied colors. Its characteristics are good sealing, light, and resistance.
- Zinc: They are highly resistant, light, easy to handle, and have a more affordable price.
- Polycarbonate: This material is widely used to create coverings by choosing the transparent material. It can also be found in some varieties of colors and can count on protection against UV rays.
- Glass: Glass tiles are generally used in conjunction with other tiles and positioned in places where you want to create a light entry.
The Types Of Roofs
The most common types of roofs are:
- Apparent roofs: These are roofs with classic characteristics. With one or more sloping waters that advance over the façade forming overhangs.
- Built-in roof: As the name implies, they are characterized by having the structure hidden by plat bands. It is a type of roof used in more modern buildings or when the intention is to save on its construction since it does not have to be aesthetic because it is not visible.
- Roof slabs: It is also a prevalent type of roof and is nothing more than the construction slab itself. It is an option that also allows for savings since it does not require spending on structures and material for coverage. To use this type of roof, it is necessary to have an excellent waterproofing and thermal insulation system since it will be exposed to the actions of time.